Tuscan Turkey Soup
Marie McConnell ladles up this quick, creamy soup chock-full of leftover Thanksgiving turkey, pumpkin and beans to hungry family and friends in Shelbyville, Illinois. It's fabulous!
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in oil until tender. Add
- the garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, turkey,
- pumpkin, beans, salt, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until heated
- through, stirring occasionally. Serve with cheese if desired. Yield:
- 8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 167 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 549 mg sodium,