Tuscan-Style Roasted Asparagus
This is especially wonderful with locally grown asparagus is in season and so easy for celebrations because it can be served hot or cold. Jannine Fisk, Malden, Massachusetts
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Place the asparagus, tomatoes and pine nuts on a foil-lined 15-in. x
- 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Mix 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, salt and
- pepper; add to asparagus and toss to coat.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or just until asparagus is tender.
- Drizzle with remaining oil and lemon juice; sprinkle with cheese and
- lemon peel. Toss to combine. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 95 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.