Tuscan Chicken and Beans
Rosemary and beans make a nice rustic Italian meal in this flavorful dish. —Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, rosemary, salt and pepper. In a
- large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over
- medium heat until browned.
- Stir in broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Add
- beans; heat through.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 216 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 517 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.