My mother gave this recipe to me, and it's one of my family's favorites. It's popular at church suppers, too.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 cups shredded peeled turnips
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place turnips in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the sour
- cream, sugar, parsley, vinegar, mayonnaise and salt; mix well. Pour
- over turnips; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 58 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.