- rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in
- thigh reads 180°, basting often with oil. (Cover and bake
- reserved stuffing for 1 hour; uncover and bake 10 minutes.) When
- turkey begins to brown, baste if needed and cover lightly with foil.
- Remove turkey from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 20 minutes before
- carving. If desired, skim fat and thicken pan drippings for gravy.
- Serve with turkey and stuffing.
- Yield: 12-14 servings (12 cups stuffing).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (8 ounces) equals 735 calories, 33 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 222 mg cholesterol, 731 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 69 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer