Turkey with Cranberry Sauce
You'll hear rave reviews when fantastic fowl stars as the flavorful fare on your weekday menu. Sauteing the turkey in butter an oil locks in the succulent juices. And what's turkey without cranberries? This tangy sauce is served right on top!
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (1 to 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons apple jelly
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Cut tenderloins widthwise in half. Slice each half lengthwise in
- half, but do not cut all the way through. Open and flatten each
- piece. Sprinkle both sides with poultry seasoning. In a large
- skillet over medium-high heat, cook turkey in oil and butter for 3-4
- minutes on each side. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook for
- 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove turkey to platter
- and keep warm. Add cranberry sauce, jelly, mustard and allspice to
- skillet; simmer for 2-3 minutes. Spoon over turkey. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 314 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as