- Just before baking, stuff the turkey. Skewer openings; tie drumsticks
- together. Place on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake at 325° for
- 4-1/2 to 5 hours or until the thermometer reads 185°.
- When the turkey begins to brown, cover lightly with a tent of
- aluminum foil and baste if needed. Cover turkey and let stand for 20
- minutes before removing stuffing and carving turkey. Yield: 10-12
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (8 ounces) equals 691 calories, 34 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 275 mg cholesterol, 666 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 78 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer