- apple mixture. Add cider and egg substitute; toss to mix.
- Just before baking, loosely stuff turkey with half of the stuffing.
- Place remaining stuffing in a greased 2-qt. baking dish; refrigerate
- until ready to bake. Skewer turkey opening; tie drumsticks together.
- Place breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Pour water into
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 4-1/2 to 5 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 180° for the turkey and 165° for the
- stuffing, basting occasionally with pan drippings. (Cover loosely
- with foil if turkey browns too quickly.)
- Bake additional stuffing, covered, for 30-40 minutes. Uncover; bake
- 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cover turkey and let
- stand for 20 minutes before removing stuffing and carving.
- For gravy, pour pan drippings into a 4-cup measuring cup; skim off
- fat. Add enough water to measure 4 cups. Pour into a saucepan. Stir
- in bouillon, poultry seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. In a
- bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth; whisk into boiling broth.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Serve
- with turkey and stuffing. Yield: 15-18 servings (12 cups stuffing
- and 3 cups gravy).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (8 ounces) equals 740 calories, 35 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 220 mg cholesterol, 715 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 68 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer