Turkey with Apple Slices
Any day can be "Turkey Day" when you make this smaller-scale main course from Mary Lou Wayman of Salt Lake City, Utah. Her moist tasty tenderloins--and tangy apple glaze--offer the goodness of turkey in a hurry without a fridge-filling surplus.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (about 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 medium tart apple, sliced
- In a large skillet, cook turkey in butter over medium heat for 4-5
- minutes on each side or until the juices run clear. Remove from the
- skillet; cover and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the syrup, vinegar, mustard and
- bouillon. Add the apple; cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3
- minutes or until apple is tender. Serve with turkey. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 263 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 374 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.