Turkey a La King
These tasty appetizers look so cute served in pastry shells! They're a great way to use up leftver chicken or turkey, too. You might want to make a double batch. No one can eat just one!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 6 pastry shells or pieces of toast
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in
- butter until tender. Stir in flour and sugar until a paste forms.
- Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute or until
- thickened. Reduce heat. Add cream, turkey and mushrooms; heat
- through. Serve either in pastry shells or over toast. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 1,203 calories, 68 g fat (31 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 1,258 mg sodium, 113 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as