Turkey Wonton Cups
Convenient wonton wrappers make these cute hors d'oeuvres as fun to make as they are to eat. I sampled them at a party and couldn't believe how tasty they were. They disappeared quickly, and no one ever suspected that the crunchy cups were low in carbs. —Barbara Rafferty of Portsmouth, Rhode Island
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 5 min./batch
- 48 wonton wrappers
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- Press wonton wrappers into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking
- spray. (Keep wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to
- bake.) Bake at 375° for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool
- for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the
- turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a large
- bowl, combine the turkey, cheese, ranch dressing, onions and olives.
- Spoon by rounded tablespoonfuls into wonton cups.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 5-6 minutes
- or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 2 wonton cups equals 154 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.