Turkey Vegetable Pasta Salad
When you're looking for a side dish to round out your barbecue, nothing compares to this meaty pasta salad. It also makes a simple yet satisfying meal in itself.
12-14 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup red wine or cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 package (12 ounces) tri-colored spiral pasta
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- Whisk all dressing together in a small bowl; set aside. Cook pasta
- according to package directions; drain. Place in a large bowl. While
- pasta is warm, stir in 1/2 cup dressing. Cover and chill. Add
- broccoli, turkey, onions, red pepper and remaining dressing; toss to
- coat. Cover and chill 3-4 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 302 calories, 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon