Turkey-Sweet Potato Soup
This yummy soup brings the tastes and aroma of Thanksgiving to my table all year.
—Radine Kellogg, Fairview, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Add sweet
- potatoes. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until
- potatoes are tender. Stir in the corn, sage and pepper; heat
- Combine cornstarch and milk until smooth. Stir into pan. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in
- turkey; heat through.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 275 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 374 mg sodium,