Turkey Spinach Salad with Maple Dressing
"My husband and I love to hike in New England," writes Jessica Gerschitz of Jericho, New York. "The maple syrup in Vermont is wonderful, and we always bring some home to extend the vacation spirit. This recipe I created reminds us of those lovely days."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 pound sliced deli smoked turkey, cut into strips
- 2/3 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped shallot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a
- small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad;
- toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3-1/2 cups equals 387 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 617 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.