Turkey Sloppy Joes for a Crowd
I found this recipe in my mother's recipe box. Sometimes I serve it over vegetables such as corn or green beans, but it's equally delicious on a bun. —Julie Clemes, Adrian Michigan
16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 3 pounds lean ground turkey
- 3 medium green peppers, chopped
- 3 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2-1/4 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 16 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, green
- peppers and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and
- vegetables are tender; drain.
- Stir in the ketchup, water, vinegar, mustard, jalapeno and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes,
- stirring occasionally. Serve on buns.
- Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 293 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 751 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber,