Turkey Salad with Raspberries
I originally developed this recipe as a way to use leftover turkey. Now I find myself preparing turkey with this recipe specifically in mind!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 6 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup salted sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 3/4 pound turkey breast tenderloin, cooked and sliced
- 1/2 cup raspberry or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuces, oranges, water chestnuts,
- raspberries, sunflower kernels and chives.
- Divide among six salad plates; arrange turkey on top. Combine
- dressing ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well.
- Drizzle over salads. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 291 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 18 g protein.