Turkey Salad on Wheat Bread
These tasty sandwiches put a delightful twist on turkey salad. Green onions and crumbled bacon make them savory, while peas add a touch of sweetness. Merrijane Rice of Bountiful, Utah shares the recipe.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup chopped romaine
- 1/2 cup diced cooked turkey
- 2 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons frozen peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Dash pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in
- mayonnaise and pepper. Spread over two slices of bread; top with
- remaining bread. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 346 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 630 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 21 g protein.