Turkey Sage Sausage Patties
“Eat smart—starting with this homemade turkey sausage,” suggests Janice Wuertzer of Dubuque, Iowa. “If you like garlic, try substituting it for the sage.”
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble turkey
- over mixture; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six patties.
- Refrigerate, covered, for 2 hours.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add patties;
- cook for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads
- 165°. Yield: 6 patties.
Nutrition Facts: 1 patty equals 150 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.