- chop. Strain remaining broth through a fine mesh strainer. Set aside
- mushrooms and broth.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until softened. Reduce heat
- to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until
- golden brown. Add the tarragon, salt, pepper and reserved mushrooms
- and broth. Bring to a boil; cook over medium heat until liquid is
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll each sheet
- into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle; cut each into 2 pieces. Transfer
- to a greased baking sheet. Spoon mushroom mixture onto each pastry;
- top with turkey and cream cheese.
- Lightly brush pastry edges with water. Bring long sides over filling,
- pinching seams and ends to seal. Turn pastries seam side down. Cut
- small slits into pastry. Brush tops with egg. Bake at 400° for
- 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the broth, wine and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in
- cranberry sauce until melted. Serve with pastries. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 filled pastry with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 1,037 calories, 53 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 1,295 mg sodium, 103 g carbohydrate, 12 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer