Turkey Noodle Soup
Doris Nehoda writes from Coos Bay, Oregon, "My husband must eat a very low-fat diet, so I'm always experimenting to find thins that will agree with his stomach, too. This easy economical recipe makes two generous servings. Sometimes I substitute chicken, or a different pasta or vegetable."
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 celery rib with leaves, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup uncooked yolk-free wide noodles
- Dash browning sauce, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until celery
- is tender.
- Add the potato, peas and noodles; cover and simmer 15 minutes longer
- or until potatoes are tender. Discard bay leaf. Stir in browning
- sauce if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cup equals 156 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 659 mg sodium,