Turkey-Melon Pasta Salad
Bow tie pasta, turkey and watermelon combine in this breezy summer salad from R. Jean Rand of Edina, Minnesota. It has a sweet-tart taste would pair well with tall glasses of lemonade or iced tea for an outdoor patio lunch.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1-1/2 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-3/4 teaspoons sugar
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- bowl, combine the turkey, watermelon, celery and onion; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice and sugar
- until smooth. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into turkey
- mixture. Drizzle with the yogurt mixture and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.