Turkey Meat Loaf
I created this recipe when I cooked for a private business, and one of the staff members thought it was the best turkey meat loaf she had ever eaten.
-Judy Prante, Portland, Oregon
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup cubed bread
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash celery seed
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, combine the water, teriyaki sauce and bread cubes; let
- stand for 5 minutes. Add the egg, onion, green pepper, mozzarella
- and cheddar cheeses, garlic powder and celery seed. Crumble turkey
- over mixture and mix well.
- Pat into an ungreased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle
- with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or
- until a meat thermometer reads 165° drain. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 355 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 192 mg cholesterol, 476 mg sodium,