Turkey Luncheon Salad
“I received this recipe as a newly-wed and made it healthier by using brown rice and fat-free mayo and sour cream.” Think ladies' luncheon…with a light, refreshing Asian twist!
Joan Cannon - Noblesville, Indiana
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small
- bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, soy sauce and salt; pour
- over salad and gently stir to coat. Serve over lettuce leaves.
- Sprinkle with cranberries. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 195 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 545 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.