Turkey Lo Mein Stir Fry
Christi Paulton of Phelps, Wisconsin loves Chinese dishes but hates chopping all those veggies. Using convenient, frozen vegetable combos and ready-made sauce, she came up with this tasty solution that‘s quick, easy and versatile enough to make the most of whatever she has on hand. TIP: “I sometimes add peanuts or cashews for extra crunch and flavor,“ Christi shares.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 pounds turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-2/3 cups julienned sweet red, yellow and/or green peppers
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup stir-fry sauce
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet or wok, stir-fry turkey in batches in 1 tablespoon hot oil
- for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry mushrooms in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes
- or until crisp-tender. Add peppers and onion; stir-fry for 2-3
- minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add turkey and stir-fry
- sauce; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Drain
- linguine; add to turkey mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 287 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 771 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.