Edna Hoffman of Hebron, Indiana heartily recommends this mild-tasting hash. "It's a deliciously different use for leftover turkey," she assures.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in butter until tender.
- Add the potatoes, turkey, salt if desired, cayenne and nutmeg. Cook
- and stir over low heat for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and
- heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with margarine and without salt) equals 187 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 meat, 1 vegetable.