Turkey Burger Pie
"This recipe saved the day when I came home from the hospital after delivering our son," recalls Danielle Monai of Brooklyn Heights, Ohio. "It requires just six ingredients and bakes in less that half an hour, so I can have this hearty dinner on the table in a jiffy."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook turkey and onion until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with
- cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg substitute, milk and baking mix.
- Pour over cheese. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden
- brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 221 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.