Turkey Biscuit Bake
As a college student, I appreciate stick-to-your-ribs foods like this that are also easy on the budget. I often double the recipe to ensure leftovers.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup diced cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup milk
- Dash each ground cumin, dried basil and thyme
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated biscuits
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, turkey, mushrooms, peas, milk,
- cumin, basil and thyme. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking
- dish. Arrange biscuits over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are
- golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 349 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 1,234 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer