Turkey Asparagus Casserole
Convenient frozen asparagus lends bright color and garden flavor while a sprinkling of french-fried onions provides a yummy crunch.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen chopped asparagus
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- In a small saucepan, cook asparagus in a small amount of water for 2
- minutes; drain. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top
- with turkey. Combine soup and water; spoon over turkey. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with onions. Bake
- 5 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 328 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 800 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer