Tuna Veggie Macaroni
“After much experimenting with various versions, it all boiled down to this one super-delicious recipe—my family can’t get enough of it, " exclaims Al Robbins from Chandler, Arizona.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 5 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 can (5 ounces) albacore white tuna in water
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Add cheese and
- milk; cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Stir in
- the vegetables, tuna and dill; heat through. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 414 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 871 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.