Tuna Melt Sandwiches
"When our children were young, I often fixed these warm crunchy sandwiches," recalls Carole Anhalt of Manitowac, Wisconsin. "They go well with chips and a salad for a quick lunch." They're priced right at 40 cents each.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup diced cheddar cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. Spread
- butter over cut sides of buns. Spread tuna mixture on bun bottoms;
- replace tops. Wrap in foil. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until
- the cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note:The cost per serving does not include optional ingredients such as garnishes. When there is a choice of two ingredients, the cost is figured with the first one listed.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 363 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 629 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.