Tuna Macaroni Salad
"This jazzed-up tuna recipe came from a nutritionist I worked with at a prenatal clinic," writes Mary pat Eck from Cincinnati, Ohio. "It's so full of protein and flavor that we shared it with many of our clients."
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup cooked small pasta shells
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl,
- combine the mayonnaise, mustard and salt; stir into tuna mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Serve on
- lettuce-lined plates. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat cheese and fat-free mayonnaise) equals 347 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 156 mg cholesterol, 1,259 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.