—Janis Plourde, Smooth Rock Falls, Ontario
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) plain potato chips, divided
- 1 can (5 ounces) light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) frozen asparagus tips, thawed and patted dry or 1 can (15 ounces) asparagus spears, drained and sliced
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Crush chips and place half in greased 2-qt. baking dish. Arrange tuna
- over chips. Top with asparagus and the remaining chips. Combine
- sauce ingredients and pour over top. Sprinkle with cheese and
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until heated
- through. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 325 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 380 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.