Tuna Cheese Spread
"The flavor of tuna is very subtle in this thick and creamy spread," relates field editor Dorothy Anderson of Ottawa, Kansas. "It's terrific on crackers or carrot and celery sticks, stuffed in a tomato or used for a sandwich."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash salt
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- Bread or crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in tuna.
- Serve with bread or crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 177 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.