Truffle Topiary Centerpiece
This impressive, edible centerpiece from our Test Kitchen takes truffles to new heights! Set out the extras on plates or package them for guests to take home.
60-70 ServingsPrep: 45 min.
- Gold spray paint
- 5-inch clay pot
- Floral foam to fit inside pot
- New small flat paintbrush
- 5-inch Styrofoam ball
- Milk chocolate candy coating, melted (about 1/2 cup)
- 12-inch length of 3/8-inch wooded dowel
- Double-sided transparent tape
- 2-1/3 yards of gold metallic cord
- Craft scissors
- White (tacky) glue
- 18-inch square of gold-flecked tulle netting
- Craft wire
- Two large wire-edged bows
- 60 to 70 Coconut Truffles (recipe on opposite page)
- 60 to 70 paper or foil candy cups
- Spray-paint clay pot gold. When dry, fill pot with floral foam.
- Use paintbrush to cover Styrofoam ball with melted chocolate. Let
- With a pencil, mark dowel about 1-1/2 inches from the other end.
- Place several pieces of double-sided tape on dowel between markings.