Chocolate is popular at our house, especially during the holidays, so these double-chocolate gems never last long!
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 jar (8 ounces) maraschino cherries with stems, well drained
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a small saucepan, bring the cream, butter and sugar to a boil;
- stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate until
- melted. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until easy to
- Pat cherries with paper towels until very dry. Shape a teaspoonful of
- chocolate mixture around each cherry, forming a ball. Cover and
- refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip
- cherries until coated; all excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper
- to set. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 57 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.