Trout with Mushrooms
A mild lemon sauce accented by fresh mushrooms complements these tender trout fillets from Kathy Kittell of Lenexa, Kansas. "When fish is on sale, I buy plenty to serve to my large brood, because it always gets eaten up right away," she notes.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 trout fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter until
- tender. Stir in parsley. Remove mushrooms to a serving platter; keep
- warm. Combine flour and salt in a shallow dish; coat fillets with
- flour mixture on both sides. Add 2 tablespoons butter to the
- skillet. Cook trout over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side
- or until fish flakes easily with a fork; arrange over mushrooms.
- For sauce, melt remaining butter in a small saucepan. Gradually stir
- in cream and lemon juice. Bring to a boil for 3-4 minutes or until
- slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Serve over trout and
- mushrooms. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 330 calories, 27 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 347 mg sodium,