This hearty chowder cooks conveniently in a slow cooker so I can spend more time fishing and less in the kitchen. Adding fresh taste and lively color to the rich cheesy broth is broccoli.
-Linda Kesselring, Corning, New York
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup Hidden Valley® Ranch
Use Hidden Valley® Ranch with snacks, salads, main dishes and more for a crowd-pleasing taste!
See More Recipes >
- 1 pound boneless trout fillets, skin removed
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1 cup cubed or shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Paprika, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Transfer to a
- 3-qt. slow cooker; add the milk, dressing, fish, broccoli, cheeses
- and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or until soup is bubbly and fish
- flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 554 calories, 43 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 655 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.