Tropical Island Chicken
The marinade makes a savory statement in this all-time-favorite chicken recipe that I served at our son's pirate-theme birthday party. It smelled so good on the grill that guests could hardly wait to try a piece!
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 45 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 to 4 pounds each), quartered
- In a small bowl, combine first 10 ingredients. Set aside 1/3 cup for
- basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large
- resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place chicken over
- drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat 45-60 minutes
- or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°, turning and
- basting often with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 296 calories, 21 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,199 mg sodium,