Tropical Fruit Salad
You don't need a long list of ingredients to toss together this refreshing medley from Nancy Stinson of Texarkana, Texas. A wonderful dressing made with pineapple yogurt coats the appealing assortment of fresh and canned fruit.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cans (8-1/4 ounces each) tropical fruit salad
- 1/2 cup pineapple or vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup halved green grapes
- Drain fruit salad, reserving 1/4 cup juice (discard remaining juice
- or save for another use). In a bowl, combine yogurt, honey and
- reserved juice. Fold in fruit salad, apple, strawberries and grapes.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with reduced-fat yogurt) equals 143 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fruit.