Tropical Fruit Cream Pie
Carolyn Dixon of Monticello, Arkansas uses crunchy toasted coconut to add a special touch to this sweet and fruity pie. It can be stirred up in a jiffy with handy pantry staples.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) mixed tropical fruit, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk, extract and pudding mix for 2
- minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in fruit
- and coconut. Pour into crust. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 266 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.