Tropical Chicken Packets
Yum! These quick-and-easy chicken packets are destined to become your family’s new favorite. The chicken is tender and laced with sweet pineapple and tropical flavors. Cleanup’s a breeze…these would be perfect for camping. —Jacqui Correa,
Landing, New Jersey
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (20 ounces) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks in 100% Pineapple Juice, drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with pepper; place each on a double
- thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Top with
- pineapple, red pepper and onion. Combine the remaining ingredients;
- spoon over vegetables. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until chicken
- juices run clear. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 packet equals 324 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 410 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.