Tropical Chicken Bake
Cooking is a wonderful way to let your creativity come through. I start with basic recipes, then add my own personal touches. My family is always happy with the results!
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and quartered
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds or pecans
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in butter on both sides.
- In an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish, combine sweet potatoes, bananas,
- oranges and pineapple. Top with chicken; pour sauce over all.
- Sprinkle with nuts. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes
- or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 488 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.