Tropical Banana Compote
Don't limit your use of bananas to the cereal bowl. Instead, send your taste buds on a "trip" to the tropics with this special speedy dessert. Bananas are available in every season...so this is bound to become a favorite all year-round.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 medium firm bananas
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted
- Maraschino cherries or strawberries, optional
- Cut bananas in half lengthwise, then cut widthwise into quarters.
- Arrange in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In a saucepan, combine orange juice, butter and brown sugar; cook and
- stir until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted. Pour over the
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Spoon into individual
- serving dishes; sprinkle with coconut. Garnish with cherries or
- strawberries if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 192 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 70 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.