With a creamy frosting and crunchy topping, these rich three-layer brownie bars are a decadent treat. “They're a cinch to assemble, but irresistible,” Annmarie Savage attests from Skowhegan, Maine. “Whenever I make them for someone new, they always want the recipe.”
64 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- 1 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package directions, using a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Cook
- over low heat for 4-5 minutes or until blended, stirring
- occasionally. Stir in cereal; set aside.
- Spread frosting over brownies. Sprinkle with peanuts. Spread with
- peanut butter mixture. Chill for 30 minutes or until set before
- cutting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 5 dozen.