Triple-Layer Pretzel Brownies
Think of a brownie pie with a pretzel crust and peanut butter-chocolate topping. Now stop thinking about it and make it happen. —Cathie Ayers, Hilton, New York
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 3 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a small bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and sugar. Press into
- an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce heat to 350°. Prepare brownie mix batter according to
- package directions. Pour over prepared crust. Bake for 35-40 minutes
- or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist
- crumbs (do not overbake). Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter; stir until
- smooth. Spread over top. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 brownie equals 298 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.