Triple-Decker Salmon Club
You're in for a tasty treat with these deliciously different triple-deckers. "Guests love them," Jane Bone says of the short-on-time sandwiches she serves at her home in Cape Coral, Florida. "Even those who don't ordinarily like salmon or cottage cheese enjoy them."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 1 can (6 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 6 slices bread, toasted
- 2 lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and pickle relish. In another
- bowl, combine salmon and celery.
- For each sandwich, top one piece of toast with lettuce if desired and
- half of the cottage cheese mixture. Top with a second piece of
- toast; spread with half of the salmon mixture. Top with a third
- piece of toast. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 455 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 1,494 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.