Triple Cranberry Sauce
Cranberry fans will ask for this sauce again and again. It's loaded with their favorite fruit—in fresh, dried and juice form. Orange and allspice make it awesome. —Arlene Smulski, Lyons, Illinois
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, cranberry juice
- concentrate, dried cranberries and sugar. Cook over medium heat
- until the berries pop, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the orange juice, marmalade, orange
- peel and allspice. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until
- chilled. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup equals 113 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.