“This smoothie is fantastic and is packed with protein as well as the berries,” writes Allison Tunaley of Lookout, California. “No one knows it's even tofu until we tell them, but even then, they can't believe it.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups vanilla soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces silken firm tofu
- 1 small banana, sliced and frozen
- 1/2 cup each frozen unsweetened raspberries, blackberries and strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a blender, combine the soy milk, vanilla, tofu, banana, berries
- and sugar. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into chilled
- glasses; garnish with whipped topping and serve immediately. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 146 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 reduced-fat milk.