My mother-in-law and I dreamed up this jam after we'd been picking blueberries one day. She wondered if blueberries, raspberries and strawberries would taste good together. So she made a test batchand we quickly learned that they definitely did! Then I came up with my own version of the jam.
I'm an at-home wife and mother...we have two boys, 8 and 4. I preserve everything from our garden
96 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Process: 10 min.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen red raspberries
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 packages (1-3/4 ounces each) powdered fruit pectin
- 11 cups sugar
- Combine the berries and lemon juice in a stockpot; crush fruit
- slightly. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high
- heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling
- boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off any foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture
- into hot pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles;
- wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water
- canner. Yield: about 6 pints.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 98 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.