Once I made these light and tasty waffles for my family, they never let me use a prepackaged mix again! For that reason, I usually bake a double batch and freeze the leftovers. Then, on hurried mornings, I just pop them in the toaster for a quick meal.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Mix eggs, milk and oil;
- stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Bake in a preheated
- waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden
- brown. Yield: 8-10 waffles (about 6-1/2 inches).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 254 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 254 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.